Lessons of the day
by little red pen
In which I learn again the things that I have learnt so many times already, and usually not without a bit of hassle and grief.
- Playing soccer for an hour after school without having had a proper lunch makes the Cat ratty (to mix my critters).
- Hugs are pretty good first aid.
- Band aids are very useful when they are not really needed and strongly resisted when they are needed.
- Most things can be mopped up.
- Speaking of, clean floors are over-rated, but they also take the internal tension down a notch.
- The time to cook dinner always comes around too soon.
- This is a “windows open” kind of house; fresh air saves us.
- Friends are the best.
- Two small boys can spend a very long time digging a clump of grass out of the sidewalk.
- If in doubt, feed the children.